A society membership entitles you to take part in all Society activities and to receive the JOURNAL, issued four times a year in June, September, December and March. Membership runs from May 1st to April 30th and starts with the June issue, regardless of the date on which you join. Membership renewal is due on or before May 15th each year. If you or a friend are interested in membership, please complete and mail the membership application form or contact our registrar. Please include your zip + four number to help facilitate our mailings.
- INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIP - Dues, first year $22.00. Thereafter $20.00 per year. Life membership - $350.00.
- FAMILY MEMBERSHIP - In the same household (one publication). Dues, first year $27.00, thereafter $25.00. Family life membership - $500.00.
- Participation in all Society activities.
- Minimum of four meetings each year with speakers, workshops, and field trips.
- Subscription to the quarterly JOURNAL, issued June, September, December and March. Each issue contains 48 pages including unpublished records, queries, book reviews, Bible record information, articles for the beginner and for the advanced researcher, notices informing the readers of what is new in the genealogy world.
- Back issues of a limited number of JOURNAL volumes available for purchase.
- Registration of New York related surnames in the surname list distributed annually to members along with an updated membership list.
- Registration in the new locality list also distributed annually to members along with an updated membership list.
- Registration of New York related ancestors charts in the Ancestor File.
- Use of WNYGS reference library located in the Grosvenor Room at the Central Branch of the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library on Lafayette Square in downtown Buffalo.
- Website www.wnygs.org.
Last updated: Friday, February 1, 2013